Issue link: http://read.uberflip.com/i/137086
Speed Agile QA Testing
Intel® Inspector XE 2013
Find latent errors during agile development—not after you ship.
Get reliable product to market faster and meet tight timelines. Automate testing for latent errors like memory corruption, leaks,
and data races. Find errors early during unit and regression test. Reduce the cost of errors, and increase product reliability.
Static analysis tools are useful, but can suffer from a high false positive rate, poor correlation between testing actions and issues
reported, and usually require source code that is unavailable for third-party libraries. Intel® Inspector XE's dynamic analysis is an
effective, agile solution for both QA and developers. It integrates with the QA regression environment and is easy for developers
to use when debugging problems.
Meet Your QA Requirements
• No special builds: Use existing builds
Meet Your Developer Requirements
• No special tests: Use existing unit and regression tests
• Zero or very low false error rates: Don't waste developer
time on things that are not broken
• Full test coverage: Dynamic instrumentation analyzes
all the code, including third-party libraries
• Debugger integration: Makes errors easy to debug, once
they are detected
• Easy automation: Command line for integration into
existing test processes
• Deterministic: Debug non-deterministic errors, like races
• Multiple languages: C, C#, assembly, and Fortran
• Simple: Easy-to-learn interface
• 32/64 bit OS support: The latest Windows* and Linux*
• Affordable: Cost-effective for the entire development team
Intel® Inspector XE command line (not shown)
makes it easy to automate tests.
User interface (shown) makes developers
productive. It takes you to the source locations
of threading and memory errors, and provides
a call stack to help determine how you
"Intel Inspector XE has dramatically sped up our
ability to find/fix memory problems and track down
difficult to isolate threading errors before our
packages are released to the field."
Peter von Kaenel, Director,
Software Development, Harmonic Inc.
Learn more about Intel® Inspector XE
and download a free evaluation copy:
For more information regarding performance and optimization choices in Intel® software products, visit http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/optimization-notice.
© 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.