A YEAR IN REVIEW 03 SOUTH BAY 03 MANHATTAN BEACH SAND SECTION 04 SAND SECTION WALKSTREETS 05 THE TREE SECTION 06 THE VALUE OF AN EDUCATION 07 EAST MANHATTAN BEACH 08 MANHATTAN VILLAGE 08 THE HILL SECTION OF MANHATTAN BEACH 09 HERMOSA BEACH 10 THE VALUE OF A VIEW 11 CONDOS VS. TOWNHOMES 13 SOUTH REDONDO BEACH 14 NORTH REDONDO BEACH 15 THE PEDIGREE OF A NEW HOME 16 A LOOK AT PALOS VERDES 17 WHO IS THE #1 AGENT? 22
A LETTER FROM THE "ED"ITOR
It is with great pleasure that I have been given the opportunity to present an expert's view of the South Bay Real Estate market. The South Bay has as diverse a Real Estate market as any in the country, with it's own special set of variables that have driven prices to record highs and in some cases, protected precious equity even in a nationwide downturn. Getting to know and understand it as an expert realtor has taken over 25 years of walking and driving, block by block, door to door. Over the past 25 years, I have represented over 2,000 buyers and sellers in every nook and cranny of the South Bay.
In this issue of Digs, I have reprinted my biweekly review of the different neighborhoods and markets found throughout the South Bay. It truly is an insider's tour of each niche marketplace with special emphasis on the Beach Cities and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. You will learn why people choose to live where they do, the pros and cons of each area, and a little history behind each.
I hope you enjoy the information and welcome you to keep this special issue as a reference guide for yourself, your friends and families, and your colleagues. A special "Thank you" to those who I have had the opportunity to represent, as well as to those I have worked and partnered with. We've all shared three decades of fun, profitable, and sometimes challenging learning experiences together. May 2012 bring you great health, happiness and continued success.
All the best,
Ed Kaminsky, Shorewood Realtors
• Licensed and practicing Real Estate in the South Bay and greater Los Angeles communities since 1987
@EDKAMINSKY /EDKAMINSKYTEAM /EDKAMINSKYTV /BIZ/THE-ED-KAMINSKY-REAL-ESTATE-TEAM-MANHATTAN-BEACH LINKEDIN.COM/IN/EDKAMINSKY ACTIVERAIN.COM/ITZSOLD
CONTACT US EK@ItzSold.com www.ItzSold.com 310.798.1277
• Named in the Top 100 of America's Top Performing Real Estate agents by The Wall Street Journal
• Featured on ESPN, FOX, NBC, ABC, BRAVO!, HGTV, & THE FINE LIVING CHANNEL
• Seen on The Today Show, Good Morning America, Nightline, HotList, Cold Pizza, Real Estate Confidential, Good Buy, Bad Buy, & Open House LA
• Found regularly in The LA Times, The New York Times, The Daily Breeze, The Beach Reporter, The Orange County Register, The LA Business Journal, The Boston Globe, REALTOR magazine, and The Sports Business Journal
• Nominated by The LA Business Journal for Excellence in Real Estate Marketing in 2008
• Named the #1 agent for all of Shorewood Realtors for the number of transactions closed
Granted "Outstanding Personal Achievement" award by The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing in 2011
Ed Kaminsky is the President and owner of ItzSold, Inc., a Real Estate marketing group based in Manhattan Beach, CA, with an annual sales volume of over $80 million. He also is the President/CEO of SportStar Relocation, assisting professional athletes nationwide with their relocation and Real Estate needs. Premiere Estates Auction Company, owned and operated by Ed Kaminsky represents luxury property owners, developers, trusts, and financial institutions across the United States with professional auction services and sales. Ed Kaminsky has served as an expert panelist for the South Bay Board of Realtors, and he is a member of the Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce. He supports local charities, schools and children's benefits groups on a regular basis and is an active member of his community.
VISIT US AND LEARN MORE AT www.ItzSold.com 2 SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION