24/7 Dad®

24:7 Dad® A.M. Preliminary Evaluation (2006)

Issue link: https://read.uberflip.com/i/1338835

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 0 of 3

4- ©2006 National Fatherhood Initiative www.fatherhood.org 2 4 / 7 D a D T M a . M . P R E L I M I N a R Y E V a L U a T I O N 24/7 Dad ™ A.M. Preliminary Evaluation Baldwin County Fatherhood Initiative The following summary is a preliminary report of survey results from a community-based program implementing the National Fatherhood Initiative's 24/7 Dad™ A.M. program. Survey data include information gathered by the 24/7 Dad™ Fathering Inventory and the 24/7 Dad™ A.M. Fathering Skills Survey, both integral assessment tools for the 24/7 Dad™ program. Data analyzed for this report were collected from fathers attending the Baldwin County (Alabama) Fatherhood Initiative's 24/7 Dad™ A.M. program between January 2005 and November 2005. Introduction The Baldwin County Fatherhood Initiative implemented the 24/7 Dad™ A.M. program at two locations. One location was in Bay Minette, AL and the other location was in Robertsdale, AL. Below is an overview of the total number of matching pre/post surveys submitted by each group. Group Name Fathering Inventory A.M. Fathering Skills Survey Bay Minette N=13 (1/11/05-2/22/05) N=11 (1/11/05-2/22/05) Robertsdale N=14 (9/06/05-10/13/05) N=15 (9/06/05-10/13/05) Total Surveys N=27 N=26 For the purpose of this report, survey data from Bay Minette and Robertsdale are combined. 24/7 Dad™ Participants (A.M.) Fathers completing the Fathering Inventory (N=27) varied in age and race. 1 The majority of fathers (37 percent) were between the ages of 30 and 39; 21 percent of the fathers were between the ages of 20 and 29; 22 percent of the fathers were between 40 and 49; 14 percent were between the ages of 50 and 59; and 1 father was over the age of 60. Race also varied, although not as significantly. The majority of fathers were Black (65 percent), and the remaining fathers were White (35 percent). Of the fathers completing the Fathering Skills A.M Survey (N=26), 8 percent of the fathers were married, 44 percent were single, 16 percent were divorced, 12 percent were separated, and 8 percent either didn't respond, or selected 'Other' 2 . When asked about income, 35 percent of the fathers had an annual income of less than $15,000, 50 percent had an annual income of $15,000 to $25,000, and 15 percent of the fathers were not sure what their annual income was. At the time of the post survey, 85 percent of the fathers were employed and 15 percent of the fathers were unemployed. 1 Age and race are taken from post survey responses only. 2 Marital status, income, and employment are collected on the Fathering Skills Survey only. These results are taken from post-survey responses.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of 24/7 Dad® - 24:7 Dad® A.M. Preliminary Evaluation (2006)