RV PRO

June '18

Issue link: https://read.uberflip.com/i/984959

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 45 of 108

rv-pro.com June 2018 • RV PRO • 39 Since that time, the company has grown to about 1,000 employees through a canny combination of acquisitions and developing new markets. For instance, while its original emphasis was on the industrial, construction and maintenance markets, in 2004 the company expanded into recreational vehicles through a combination of acquisitions, including the purchase of Marinco. "Marinco started in 1972 in the marine industry selling shore power cords and inlets and AC electrical devices," says Reese Bischoff, national sales manager for what is today Power Products' RV division. "ParkPower is an offshoot brand that was created in 2004 to focus solely on the RV industry." Today, Bischoff estimates that about 40 percent of Power Products' business comes from the commercial building side of the operation, with the remaining 60 percent coming from operations under the marine, mobile and industrial division. Of that 60 percent, he says the RV industry probably accounts for 20 percent. Part of the company's success is that it's been able to take various companies – both in the United States and worldwide – and meld them together into a single entity, according to Bischoff. Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., the business has various locations across the United States and has a manufacturing operation in Mexico. Additionally, the business has operations as far away as Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Auckland, New Zealand, as well as China. The company offers a wide range of products and, on average, introduces about 35 new ones each year across its market range. A key goal is to have products that work together as a system, according to Matt Elsner, group product manager for ParkPower. On the RV side, many of them aren't exactly glamorous. For instance, early last year the company released its Go Anywhere Kits, which ensure RV owners have David Schneider reviews a computer- aided design of an electrical connection the company makes. It can then be mocked up on a 3-D printer. Power Products created ParkPower in 2004 to focus on the RV industry. Last year, the company further enhanced its offerings with the acquisition of Apex, N.C.-based Progressive Industries, a maker of surge protectors and other devices for the RV market.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of RV PRO - June '18